Friday, July 1, 2011

1st July Friday 2011

I've just been away climbing for a week. I went to the Chamonix Valley to climb Mont Blanc. This is the highest mountain in France and all of Western Europe. It was quite a tough climb but it didn’t compare to Everest but it was still a worthy achievement for me and my team.

This was also the first mountain that I climbed with my father since I was 14. Unfortunately he was unable to get to the summit. I will be going back in about a week or so to do some rock climbing, should be fun, can’t wait.

When I got back to the UK, I found a dvd that Blue peter sent me. I did a bit for them and I raced Andy up a climbing wall at mile end. I haven’t seen it yet but it was a fun day. They actually gave me a gold blue peter badge. I was really please when I got it because never thought that I would get anything. Now I can get into loads of places free in the UK.

I also found the clothes that Stone Monkey had given me for doing Everest. So far I’ve enjoyed wearing the clothes and the cap.

3 comments:

  1. George i really admire what you have achieved and it would be my life long dream to do what you have done. It is very expensive to join an expedition to climb just one of the highest peaks so how were you able to climb all at such a young age? did you get sponsorship or did you fund it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We at Stone Monkey are huge fans and are in awe of your continual achievements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get any sponsorship myself. The problem with getting sponsorship is that unless you've already done something your less likely to get sponsorship, Hopefully I'll get some in the future.

    ReplyDelete