Tuesday, May 31, 2011

31st May George Supports CHASE

Still travelling back to Katmandhu. The Sherpa team were still at Basecamp yesterday clearing up. it is important that each team takes responsibility to clear the mountain of their rubbish so that it remains a place of beauty

There have been so many articles on George and his climb. Most have been positive and full of good wishes. One that we liked was http://he123.solobis.net/sweet-16-teen-george-atkinson-sets-record-scales-seven-summits

you will see that I have left a comment recognizing George's dad Mark who accompanied George on his first four mountains. There were so many quotes from me and I felt Mark deserved a mention.

please keep visiting http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/giving/ to make a donation to CHASE

5 comments:

  1. Hello. I'm Chris Ye, a journalist from Qianjiang Eve Newspaper, China. This time, we are going to write a story about you, who has just reached the Mountain Everest. I'm writing to ask if you have an email address. If you do, would you please be very kind to send it to an email to my address,yegaoxiang_chris@126.com, so that I can have an interview with you. Thank you very much.

    Best regards
    Sincerely,
    Chirs

    ReplyDelete
  2. My interview with George from this morning: http://www.1045snx.com/pages/morningafter/
    Podcast is on the right side

    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi George, this the is the British Embassy in Kathmandu. Just checking you got our email about dropping by for tea when you're back in town.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi George

    I am the PR for clothing brand Stone Monkey and we would like to send some stuff over to mark your amazing achievement - hoodie or a tee or something - drop me an email to say you'd be OK to receive it. This is just a gift because our brand's heritage is rooted in climbing, but if you'd like to be an ambassador for us we'd love to talk. Founded in 1994 we were born the same year as you too! sue@souterpr.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would just like to say to all of you thank you for what you have done 4 me and thank you for following my blog and I'm sorry I haven't been able to respond to what you've said so far.

    ReplyDelete