Saturday, April 9, 2011

9th April Saturday

Hi

Today I've finished the ascent of my acclimatization walks, the next time I ascend somewhere it will be on Everest.

I've had a good day today, I'm staying in Dingbouche and today I went to 5,083 meters. It was snowing over night so it was quite cold this morning but it was ok after I got going, I was able to get from 4,400 meters to 5,083 meters in two and a half hours which is really good. I took some pictures from the top and a video of what it was like. We climbed to the top of a mountain ridge and we got some pretty good views of Abadablam and island peaks. They really look amazing.

Although trekking on the south side of Everest was fun I am looking forward to finally getting onto Everest. Before I go I'm going to Kathmandu for 2 days so I can just get my stuff prepared for going to Everest.

Tomorrow I'm moving back down to Namche Bazaar and the day after that I'm going to Lukla to get a flight to Kathmandu.

1 comment:

  1. Hi George
    Thought we'd start to leave you some comments ! I have no idea what time it is in Katmandu , you are probably asleep . We're enjoying reading your blog and hearing of your acclimatisation. No mention of food yet ?! Your other blogs have lots about food !
    We are going to keep track of you and are wishing you well . Just think , if you were in the UK you could be just thinking about revising for exams .....

    ReplyDelete